Saturday, November 30, 2013

Over my head- Inspiration


...we are setting up our home and I am absolutely loving each and every bit of it. I don't want to rush through it...want to really plan it well...and enjoy the entire process.  Now, in the master bedroom I am unsure of what I want to have over the bed.  

 I want the room to have a personality...loads of color...fabrics..and also be functional with space for storage..etc...etc.. I was looking for different inspirations and thought I must share a few of them with you all.  
Sharing a few ideas....

1)  Framed art or perhaps family pictures...


via here

2)  Art canvases


via here


3)  ...or perhaps a shelf that will give me loads of decorating options. 


via here


4)  A canopy...I really want to go for this but I am contemplating how functional this would prove out to be.  


via here

Any suggestions guys..?? I will share pictures from our place as soon as I gather my stuff and start working on it.

Have a fun weekend... xoxo

Images @Sources cited. 

5 comments:

  1. Make the wall behind the bed an accent wall (paint it a shade darker than the rest of the room) and hang a large portrait of the two of you above it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan...hey that's a great idea..Thanks. Now that painting the wall...???... will need me to cook a feast hubby:P:P's

      Delete
  2. For what it's worth - I'm LOVING the shelf idea!! That way you could use the canvas idea and then if you get tired of that, you can change it out for something else.... oh the possibilities!! :) Thanks too for making my day - I see I'm on your blog roll! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kammy..I agree the shelf would be loads of possibilities. Thanks for dropping by and the suggestions.....and yeah I absolutely love your trash to treasure parties and am a regular on your blog.. :)))

      Delete
  3. oh all these are lovely... We've recently put up a painting on the wall.. over our heads ;) Have a look
    http://coloursdekor.blogspot.ae/2014/09/bedroom-makeover.html

    ReplyDelete